Sunday 29 August 2010

Day 65 Murray Beach to Cornwall 50 miles

Best laid plans went to pieces today. Last night we decided as we only had a short trip today we would have a lie in and then head for the shuttle over the bridge into PEI (Prince Edward Island). It failed for a number of reasons; firstly the tent flappers who got up at 5.30 woke me up, then the call of nature prevented me going back to sleep and then having finally given in and got up, when we got to the shuttle bus it turned out to be nearly 2 hours before we could get across the bridge.

Having finally got onto the shuttle we were whipped across the bridge only to find when we unloaded the bikes that I had a flat rear tyre. The boys helped me chage it and then we wnet for lunch, chowder again but when in the home of seasfood why not!


After lunch we set off across PEI, our 8th province out of 10,which is known for Anne of Green Gables and red potatoes. We didn't see Anne but there lots of potatoes.


We stopped briefly at Victoria for a rest and then headed fro camp getting in at about 3pm. The camp site is great with a view to kill for across open river/estuary and out to sea. I was able to catch up with Z who has been busy decorating the conservatory and then I had to get to work on the bike repairing a few tubes and tyres in preparation for the three days of mountains ahead.


I am feeling a bit sore at the moment, for the last 10 days or so my back has been very stiff and for some reason my left thigh has decided to hurt when I stand up climbing, I hope this is not a sign of things to come because the next ¾ days are going to be tough, but as Z said remember you're on holiday some of us are still working.


Dinner tonight was Corn and seafood chowder, very nice although the bread was out of date!


Tomorrow is another mixed day with 72 miles to cover either side of a ferry ride. We enter our 9th province, Nova Scotia, tomorrow. The notes say it should be the best sunset view of the trip.

Sorry No Photos tonight Laptop issues.


Onwards and Upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment