Sunday 15 August 2010

Day 47 Alliston to Nestleton – 70 miles

Having been dropped off at camp by Chris lake I got back into the swing of things sorting bottles and bags and then forcing some breakfast down.

I had a great surprise though as my long awaiting missing cards and sweets from Jenny, Matt and the Stokes family arrived. The bad news was that it cost me $17 in redirection fees, but at least tonight I have some chocolate buttons and sweet bananas to eat in bed and a lolly for tomorrows trip.

Today dawned misty but warm and we set off east again with a refreshed feeling. I travelled with quite a large group for the first 30km or so and then was tempted to stop by the $3.99 breakfast special just outside Bradford.




After a super breakfast, Randy, Simo and I just sauntered along in the now sunny conditions knocking off the distance chatting and taking in the scenery. We passed north of Toronto across the Market Garden area that looks very similar to the fens and then into cottage country where the rich have bought cottages just outside the big town

We rolled into Port Perry and pulled into a lakeside café for a snack and then finished the last few km hitting camp at about 2.30pm.

When we arrived there was a sign telling us the truck was going to be late, it had got stuck in the soft soil in Alliston and had to be pulled out by a recovery truck. It eventually pulled in at about 4pm which has put dinner back a couple of hours. The campsite is OK,we are in light woods on the edge of a chemically induced bright blue swimming lake.

I have got the tent up and the last of my bedding airing and am hoping for a pleasant night back under canvas.

Tomorrow ride is about 80 miles long and we are on cooking duty.

Onwards and Upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment