Friday 23 July 2010

Day 28 Rest Day Kenora

Another rest day another housework day

We were up early and out to the laundrette to get started on the washing, then breakfast, back to the laundry and then to a local bike shop for a very much needed clean and tyre change.

My rear tyre was running low so I had to change it and as the cycle shop didn’t have any 25mm tyres I am now on 23mm which may prove a little harsher ride.


Having sorted our admin we headed to the camp and found it drying and warm, but there was some seriously damp bags caused by the bags not being protected from the inclement weather properly when unloaded last night. 





Thankfully my bag had been under the truck overnight so my kit was dry but others were not so lucky and some emergency drying was required. The camp was a hive of activity as people mended and cleaned bikes tents and clothes and also tried to get a little R&R in before we set off tomorrow.

We have decided to stay a second night in the hotel, rain is forecast and there is no strong desire to set up our tents!

During the afternoon Randy and Tom went off on a boat trip around the beautiful lake, I am just chilling in the room and been catching up with family. I finally had a decent internet connection so it was great to see and chat to Zoe and Lois and catch up with the news.

Tomorrow we are off again but its only 79miles to Caliper Lake so a relatively easy day. We have 356 miles to cover in 4 days before we get to our next rest day in Thunder Bay on Thursday evening.

I have been made aware that quite a few people are now monitoring the blog and Tom has asked I send a get well soon message to his Mum who is currently in Hospital somewhere in Ontario.

Mrs Rogers, I am trying to keep your son in line, not an easy task as you will know, but Randy is helping and between us we hope to keep him out of prison!

We all send our best wishes for a quick recovery, hopefully I’ll get to meet you later in the trip.

Onwards and Upwards!

2 comments:

  1. Tell Randy and Tom that I'm glad to see they're eating properly. An informed source told me they are getting too thin. Let know Randy that I'm slowly on the mend after my spill on the bridge.

    Big Lar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy,
    still keeping an eye on your daily progress. Just wanted to say keep up the great work and I hope the weather improves for you. Your progress is reported by myself in the office on a daily basis. Lovin the blog and the updates.
    Not sure if you have been able to keep up with the tour de France news but Contador won it today for the 3rd year in a row. Mark Cavendish took his 5th sprint stage win aswell. As for Armstrong he was way down the batting order but still not a bad way to retire...
    Have a good-un.
    Regards
    Colin Fanthom.

    ReplyDelete