Friday 23 July 2010

Day 26 Portage la Prairie to Beausejour - 101 miles.

Today was a hot long day, in fact despite the data on the sheet it turned out to be the longest day yet all in 36 degree heat.

This is our last day in the prairies and to be honest I am quite happy to be moving on, whilst it’s relatively easy physically it’s tough mentally as it’s like sitting on an exercise bike for 6 hours.

Today I seem to have developed a niggle in my left knee, I am hoping that if I take it easy tomorrow and have a good rest day then it will be OK as we hit Ontario and some hills. I am not the only one complaining of sore knees though, it would appear that the need to constantly pedal along the flats has compromised a number of us.

Tomorrow’s route is 110miles long with a couple of steep climbs and some long descents so hopefully I can nurse my knee through it.

The scenery should change as we hit Ontario, in fact it will get tougher and I am told that there isn’t much flat at all. Mostly rolling countryside awaits us as we head towards Thunder Bay.

Dinner was a success though as we prepared Spaghetti Bolognese, went down a treat compare to last week’s Vegetable tangine.

Onwards and Upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment