Friday 16 July 2010

Day 20 Craik to Regina – 80 miles

During the night we had a fantastic thunder storm, the lightening was sheet and lasted for several seconds at a time and the thunder was deafening, sadly it happened at about 2am so it woke me up but it was worth it even if I was little concerned that the tent might flood.

The day dawned misty but warm and you could see the sun trying to break through so by the time we have finished breakfast duty and packed the van it was already a sunny day and looked set to continue as such.

Today’s route was another simple one, turn left out of the camp onto the highway and then do 107km,  turn right in Regina, 30km across town and turn left into the campsite.

The wind was once again in our favour and after a couple of hours it was warm enough for me to bare the Canning skin once again, I can now officially announce that I have tan lines!

Regina is the Capital city of Saskatchewan, named after Queen Victoria, sadly although we could see the modern city on the horizon our route took us through the industrial estates so I have to take the locals word that it’s a beautiful city. Tomorrow is a rest day and once I have sorted my housework out I may get a chance to get into town for a look but it’s about 10 miles into the centre.

Today’s ride was another gentle affair with wind assistance almost all the way, notable only because Randy broke a spoke and had to ride 100km with a wobbly rear wheel which slowed him down a little on the one big descent of the day.

The camp site is great, the showers are hot, we have power, free internet and I managed to put my tent next to a power outlet so I can use my PC inside my tent. I am currently sitting in my deck chair updating my blog having had a quick catch up with Lois on Face book. Tomorrow I hope to catch up with Zoe via Skype.

Onwards and Upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment