Wednesday 30 June 2010

Induction Day UBC.

Day 1

Today was all about introducing us to the regime we will be subject to for the next 10 weeks.
After a cold breakfast we have been through the storage of gear, cooking duties and all manner of bits and pieces.

I have picked up the dinner chef role in a team of 7, but the menu is fixed and the recipies tried and tested so I just need to follow instructions. The scale of the cookery will take some getting used to as I’ve never cooked for 43 people before. Tonight the Crew Chiefs cook so I am looking forward to spaghetti at 6pm.



I have picked up my two additional shirts, which are very good quality and packed all my stuff into the truck. I was a bit concerned about the space we have been allocated but I managed to get everything in so will just have to see how things go.

I'm off now to test the bike just to make sure all is ready for the morning and then no doubt a couple of beers and some carb loading ready for tomorrow.

Tomorrow the journey begins! Onwards and Upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment