Sunday 25 April 2010

Some weeks aren't all that exciting!

Having pulled out of the Peterborough 100 last weekend I finally got back on the bike in earnest this week. Tuesday evening was the first decent ride I had been on, but didn't quite go to plan, as having picked a nice and easy hour long trip I took a wrong turn and ended up doing an extra 45 minutes and 30 miles instead of the planned 20. The last 5 miles were quite painful as my arm, shoulder and ribs were aching quite a lot but at least my legs and lungs were OK. The downside was I seem to have an annoying clicking coming from my front drive chain area which I fear may be the main barrings. The bike is due for a service after next weekend's Shires and Spires ride so hopefully I can get the barrings sorted then.

Wednesday dawned with a full on cold which has had me coughing and spluttering for most of the rest of the week, so it wasn't until Saturday that I felt like getting out again.  Saturday's ride was quite pleasant, it has warmed up a fair bit in recent weeks and the cold northerly winds are temporarily absent and a relatively warm southerly helps with comfort. I limited it to about an hour and covered about 20 miles but everything seemed much more comfortable.

On Sunday I just did a 40 minute turbo session, limiting the jolting and giving my legs a much needed workout.

This week's plan is to get some miles in and do a couple of turbo sessions to get the legs back into condition before next week's Shires and Spires. I will decide which ride to do on Sunday but I hope to be ready for the longer 80 mile route.

Onwards and upwards!! Only 59 sleeps left!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy , glad to see your back in the saddle !!!! It’s good that the bike issues appear now when they are easily fixable instead of when we are out in the middle of nowhere with out a bike shop for miles.
    I wanted to let you know that I got a rain cover for my rear trunk bag , it covers the top and the outside of the panniers quite well but not so well the inside , it’s suppose to rain here this weekend so I’ll give it a test run and let you know how it works . My bike store ordered it from the Topeak catalog.

    ReplyDelete